- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 3.5
Bali Retreat Aruba is a uniquely designed vacation home that blurs the line between the outdoors and the indoors, opening the house up to majestic rock formations, lush garden, natural cave, sand beach garden, and two different swimming pools.
Bali Retreat is like no other vacation home in Aruba. Inspired by the tropical homes of South East Asia, you will feel you have traveled to the other side of the world and ended in the exotic jungles of Indonesia, Malaysia, or Thailand.
Large electric skylights, outdoor bathrooms, and glass folding doors that make entire walls disappear within seconds, give you the freedom to bring the garden into the home and enjoy the beautiful Aruban climate, or enclose your luxurious suite when you desire privacy and the modern comfort of air conditioning.
But it is not just the unique design of the home and the natural beauty of the garden that will make your vacation here one to remember. You will likely get the impression that you are in your own private resort rather than in just another house rental as you explore the property and find places like a garden pool surrounded by giant rock boulders and palm trees, a white sand barefoot dining area under a thatched roof, ancient Buddha statues protruding from an imposing rock wall with powerful waterfalls cascading into the crystal waters of a 13 meter long lap swimming pool, a stone seating area outside a natural cave, a private cinema with stadium seating, a 6 person jacuzzi, a hammock cove nestled among giant boulders and palm trees, an outdoor gym hiding under a large palapa, several outdoor lounges, three bars, a yoga pavilion overlooking the lush greenery of the garden, and even a white sand beach with real Caribbean sand and a swimming pool on each end.
All of that in a secluded location that offers complete and unrestricted privacy from the outside world, rarely found on the island. As soon as the massive iron gate of the retreat closes behind you, you will find yourself in your own tropical paradise, where no praying eyes can ever intrude upon your solitude. You will likely be amazed by the calm and peaceful serenity of the place when relaxing in a hammock under the star dotted Caribbean sky, or when taking a shower in the moonlight, surrounded by bamboo palms, hearing nothing but an occasional song of the cicadas or chirps of crickets. Yet, whenever you decide to venture out, you will be just a few minutes drive from the shops and restaurants of Palm Beach and white sands and blue waters of Eagle Beach.
You will be able to enjoy the entire property and all its amenities in complete privacy.
You will have free use of a smartphone with a 4G data plan during your stay.
See below for full list of amenities.
Open-plan Main Hall consisting of:
*sunken living room (73-inch TV, DirecTV with NFL package)
*8-ft billiard table
*porch dining room and bar
*waterfall pool (13m x 2.8m lap pool, 1.25-1.55m deep + 4m x 1.4m soaking pool, 50cm deep)
3 air-conditioned bedroom suites with king-size canopy beds and ensuite bathrooms
Guest Room: air-conditioned, full-size sofa bed, bunk bed with 2 full-size mattresses and 1 twin-size mattress (no ensuite bathroom, we recommend sharing bathroom with Beach Suite as it has two entrances, or using Garden bathroom)
Cinema: air-conditioned, 7 leather recliner seats + 4 bar stools, 100-inch screen, high-definition projector, Yamaha audio receiver with surround sound system, DirecTV with NFL package and full channel lineup, Play Station 4 with 2 wireless game controllers, Blu-ray / DVD player, Apple TV, wine cooler, popcorn machine
Office: air conditioned, built-in electronic safe, wireless printer / scanner / copier, Sonos wireless sound system
Kitchen: 4 burner gas stove, gas oven, microwave, stainless steel sink with garbage disposer, dishwasher, refrigerator (currently no freezer), Nespresso coffee system (free complimentary espresso capsules provided), food processor & blender, pots, pans, cooking utensils, plates, glassware, silverware
Yoga Pavilion: Life Fitness elliptical trainer, 6ft tall punching bag with training gloves, yoga mats & work-out towels
Outdoor Gym: free weights & benches, full-size mirrors
The property is equipped with Sonos sound system, with speakers in the Main Hall, office, kitchen, pool bar, garden dining pavilion, and yoga pavilion
We have WIFI Internet access throughout the property, including the entire garden
Interaction with Guests
We will meet you at the airport, walk you to your car rental, and then guide to the property for a check in.
Afterwards you can reach us at anytime via phone, chat, or email, with a smartphone you will be provided with. We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have or take care of any issues during your stay.
Located in the Noord district, the most prestigious and sought after district in Aruba due to its close proximity to the island’s best beaches, shopping, dining, and tourist attractions.
In the neighborhood:
• some of the island’s top restaurants (Papiamento, Madame Janet, Quinta del Carmen, Gasparito, and others)
• many casual dining options & fast food restaurants
• several supermarkets & grocery stores
• 2 gas stations, operating 24hrs/day
• 3 banks and many ATM machines
• 2 churches
• 2 pharmacies
• emergency medical clinic
• 2 family clinics
• 2 dentist offices
• police station
Within 5-10 min drive:
• Palm Beach – island’s most famous and popular beach, home of the American resorts (4 different Marriott resorts, Ritz-Carlton, Hilton, Grand Hyatt, Holiday Inn, etc…), 2 shopping malls, 2 multiplex cinemas, countless number of shops, restaurants, bars, and cafes
• Eagle Beach – Aruba’s most beautiful beach and second to only Palm Beach in popularity. It is home of the European resorts (Tropicana Resort & Casino, Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, Manchebo Resort & Spa, Bucuti & Tara Resort, etc) and some of the best restaurants on the island
• Oranjestad – Aruba’s capital, center of commerce & government, home to two Renaissance resorts, several casinos, large marina, Main Street (pedestrian shopping street with colonial trams), the upscale Renaissance Mall, multiplex cinema, and many excellent restaurants and cafes
• Tierra del Sol Country Club & Divi Village – Aruba’s two best golf courses
• 3 largest supermarkets on the island – Ling & Sons IGA (US supermarket with American groceries), Super Food (Dutch supermarket with European groceries), and Kong Hing (Chinese supermarket)
• Horacio Oduber Hospital – Aruba’s largest medical complex, with Emergency Ward, inpatient and outpatient care, specialist clinic, and pharmacy
• Alta Vista Chapel – famous sightseeing spot, Aruba’s oldest building with beautiful views of the North Shore
Within 10-15 min drive:
• Queen Beatrix International Airport – Aruba’s international airport with many daily flights to United States, Canada, Europe, South America, and other Caribbean islands
• California Lighthouse – a famous sightseeing spot at the northernmost tip of the island
• Arikok National Park – offering beautiful scenery of the North Shore, with sightseeing spots such as Natural Bridge and Natural Pool
For the ultimate freedom, we recommend getting a rental car. Driving in Aruba is easy and safe, with well marked roads, short distances, and plentiful parking. If you’d rather not drive, taxis are abundant and will get you anywhere around the island quickly and safely.
Other Things to Note
PARKING: Two compact cars or one large car may park inside the property, additional parking is available right outside the property by the pedestrian entrance.
UTILITIES: Electricity and water readings will be taken during check-in and check-out. 20kwh of electricity + 1 m3 of water per day are included in the rental price, which is enough to cover the usual operation of the house (pool pumps to keep the pools clean, garden lights at night, drip system to water plants, topping up the pools, etc) and a modest use by the guests. Extra consumption is charged at the same rate the utility company charges.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: cash $500 deposit is due at check-in for extra utilities and damages. It will be returned during checkout, less extra utilities cost.
HOUSE SERVICES: all of the following is included in your rental cost:
*entire house cleaning every Mon & Fri
*pool cleaning every Mon & Fri
*garden maintenance and common areas cleaning every Wed
*bedding changed once a week
CHECKOUT & EXTRA CLEANING
*checkout cleaning is $150
*extra cleaning or linen service is available by request for $50
Please note that our pools have no safety fencing and there are large trees and boulders to climb on (and fall down from) in the garden. Please make sure any small children are under supervision at all times.